Pages

8.23.2011

Tile Me Pretty

So, I guess we can all agree on the fact that I'm not very good at keeping up a blog. I try, I really do! Obviously, not hard enough!

Recently I've made and given tile coasters to some of my girlfriends. They are easy and fun to make, not to mention pretty! Everyone should try to make them and personalize anyway you want!

 












You need: tiles (home depot), mod podge, ruler,  felt or foam sheets, scrapbook paper, scissors, brush, hemp/twine (optional)


1. Cut your scrapbook paper in 4"x 4" squares. I'm making four tiles here. 

2. Paint mod podge all over the back of your paper. Glue and press down on tile making sure a little bit of tile is showing around the edges. Next, paint the mod podge all over the top of the paper. Paint 3 coats, letting them dry in between.



This Step is optional. To add a little decorative touch, cut a strip of hemp/twine 34 1/2". then wrap around the outside edge of the tile twice, gluing as you go.

3. The last step is to add felt or foam to the back. I use felt when I have a glue gun, and foam when I use regular glue.
 
YOU'RE DONE!



The first coasters I ever made

I think it could be fun to explore different ways to use these tiles, maybe for wall decoration, or actual tiles for a back splash! 
 
What are some other cool ways to use these tiles?



~Emily

1 comment:

  1. cute! i want some!!! :) great tutorial, LOVE that gold glitter paper

    ReplyDelete